Monday, April 21, 2014

Art Journal Play

Triangles. They are everywhere right now aren't they? Jewelry, clothing, home decor...I'm loving this trend. I really want to make a triangle quilt, but for now, decided to play with triangle pattern in my art journal.

This spread was created by cutting triangles from two of my bird drawings, notebook paper covered with handwritten Bible verses, and plain grid paper. After gluing the triangles down, I covered the spread with watered down gesso, and then added paint and doodling on top.

It was really fun to play with pattern on this spread. A lot more fun that I thought it would be. I just might need to recreate this on a canvas.

Supplies: Art Journal (handmade using a variety of Arches watercolor paper), Mixed Media Adhesive, Gesso, Koi Watercolors, Sakura Pen-Touch paint marker, Faber-Castell permanent marker.
 
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...