Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Art Class: Faces 101

Last week I took Carla Sonheim's Faces 101 online class. Last week was awesome. It was exactly what i needed to help me step up my creativity and commitment level to making art. I revisited some techniques from high school and college and I learned some brand new techniques. I loved it all.



This is what my 101 (plus 2) faces look like. I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you. While I can't really share the techniques used to create these pieces, I can say, I totally recommend taking a class from Carla. I know I'll be taking more in the future


Watercolor and pencil on hot press watercolor paper.

Sharpie on cardstock.

Acrylic ink on cardstock.

Acrylic ink on rough watercolor paper.

Sharpie and water soluble crayon on cardstock.

PanPastel on hot press watercolor paper.

Colored pencil on hot press watercolor paper.

Charcoal on rough watercolor paper.


Gesso, Copic markers (thanks for sharing, Moya) and Sharpie on tea box pieces.

While I have been better about making art every day, this class got me really excited about making art every day. I can't wait to see where this adventure takes me! This is what I've wanted to do since I was a little girl. Make art. It feels so good to be doing just that.

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

JENNY K. said...

Cindy these are really great! I love all the different mediums and styles. Looks like you had a great time!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...